Are you looking for the latest news of Tech innovation in China?
The goal of this article is to shed some lights of why Penguin Intelligence is a work-tool to keep in mind on your approach to China.
Penguin Intelligence is the official data platform from Tencent Technology
Tencent Research Organization works such as a professional organization which publishes in-depth reports about the Chinese mobile ecosystem.
Penguin Intelligence performs research and advocacy concerning hot-topics. It also studies markets, trends and best emerging practices.
Their work is founded on a rigorous thorough understanding of every Industry Focus, Sector Dynamics, Case Studies, Data Analysis and Macro environment.
Penguin Intelligence is constantly optimizing the analytical model
Penguin Intelligence is your best choice if you want to figure out what is happening in Chinese Internet Industry. Unfortunately, their business analysis and reports are only available in Chinese for the moment.
Penguin Intelligence also counts with three original sub-columns:
- Penguin Investigation
- Penguin Analysis
- Penguin Portfolio
In addition, Penguin Intelligence includes an Open Platform, which is a huge cohesion of all wisdom from China technological business.
What will you find in Penguin Intelligence?
As we have mention above, Penguin Intelligence contains a full variety of reports, infographics and data.
There are more than thirty valuable Business research reports, hundreds of in-depth analysis reports that have been already published and the Platform keeps growing every day.
The influence of these reports / studies has touched up multiple areas of Internet and traditional industries.
Due to its importance, Penguin Intelligence currently enjoys high reputation and credibility in Governments and Enterprises.
To illustrate the kind of searches which can be done, from 2 OPEN we have compiled a brief list of some of the most striking examples that you can find on the Platform:
- In-depth reports and fresh data about Tencent ecosystem; WeChat public accounts: What type of articles get the most attention from readers?
- Many infographics and graphs about mobile ecosystem in China; iPhoneS sales in China
- Data about digital marketing customer behavior; Do customers prefer hongbao or discounts?
Relying on Tencent, Penguin Intelligence contains a large user base and massive data advantage of products in multiple fields:
- Social networking application: WeChat (Most-used application in China)
- Social networking service: Qzone, Tencent microblog, Tencent Video
- Instant messengers: QQ, QQ International
- Online payment system: TenPay (which is similar to Paypal)
- Cloud storage service: Tencent Weiyun
- Own search engine: Soso.com
- Media player: QQ player, QQ Music, KuGou Music, KuWo Music
- C2C auction site: paipai.com (now merged with JD.com)
The huge scale of Tencent Data is the cornerstone of Penguin Intelligence ability to mine and analyze data, and serving professional market insights and industry reports.
Do you want to discover a little more of Penguin Intelligence?
Do not forget to subscribe to our Newsletter to receive some special information about China!
This article has been edited by Paula Vicuña from 2 Open.
Last week we were in an event in Valencia organized by our partner, the Valencia Chamber of Commerce, in which we shared our knowledge about the B2B online business development in China in front of a full auditorium.
We were glad to share the “stage” with 2 of our best clients:
– Amvos Consulting: leading digital marketing agency in Europe and South America
– SoloStocks: best B2B online platform in Spain currently present in over 12 countries in Europe and South America
And that is what we talked about:
– WHICH ARE THE MAIN ONLINE B2B PLATFORMS IN CHINA?
As we can see in the top image chart, the clear winner in the B2B Chinese market is Alibaba with its domestic platform 1688.com which absorbs 37.78% of the market share as per April 2016, followed far behind by Global Sources (5.45%), HC360 (3.92%), Made-in-China (2.23%) and DHGate (1.77%).
– Alibaba.com/1688.com: Alibaba.com is the leading platform for cross-border wholesale trade, serving millions of buyers and suppliers around the globe and 1688.com is the main B2B marketplace for domestic China trade among small and medium enterprises.
– Global Sources: It is a leading B2B media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China. More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world’s top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets and generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
– HC360: is the third most important domestic B2B e-commerce operator in the People’s Republic of China. With its professional information services and advanced internet technologies, it has established a reliable demand and supply platform for SMEs, and has been providing them with complete business solutions over the past 22 year.
– Made-in-China: was developed and is operated by Focus Technology Co., Ltd. Focus Technology, is a world leading B2B portal, specializing in bridging the gap between global buyers and quality Chinese suppliers.
Since China’s policy of reform and economic openness, the B2B traditional model unlocked unprecedented levels of growth and development. With the Internet booming and the transition of trade models taking place, most industries have enrolled in the online B2B revolution to develop their brand. For this reason, hundreds and hundreds of new B2B platforms are born trying to differentiate from each other and creating that way an unparalleled war. And we see new attempts to get to the top of this pyramid, day in and day out, as they all want to get a piece of the huge cake.
– BUT, WITH SO MANY OPTIONS… HOW CAN I CHOOSE THE RIGHT PLATFORM?
We list for you the key factors that should be taken into account in order to select the best platform for your brand to sell your products in a business-to-business model in China:
– Establishments costs: Lower implementation costs through simple installation and integration and unproblematic expansion options. The vast majority of wholesale online trading platforms in China are “free” to use. You can create your own shop and list your products. That way you have your own B2B storefront in China; but how will your products get noticed within the others? All these places provide different visibility packages. Call it gold member, golden supplier or whatever other name you can imagine; the important thing here is to compare these packages and what is exactly what they offer.
– Volume: What is the number of suppliers and competitors? What is the traffic volume generated in the platform? In this area, 1688.com is the clear winner from both sides. Anyway, there are also other vertical platforms that might be worth checking.
– Chinese partner: In order to create a shop and list your products in any Chinese domestic B2B platform, you will need to go hand in hand with a Chinese partner as you cannot use your foreign business licence to sell products within greater China. Here it appears the classic dilemma: Chinese partners are usually very opaque and don’t like to share any kind of information. 2 Open, as a Chinese and Spanish company, can be the right Chinese partner with modern European-style management and creates a totally transparent relationship with its customers. We want to succeed with you and not the other way around.
– Promotional tools: It is important to analyze which actions can be done in order to get more traffic to your shop. The most of them offer performance marketing actions in a CPC or CPM model, both for keyword optimization and display actions. The prices are usually high and a study should be done to assure that the ROI is the right one.
In 2 Open, we usually recommend to do a market research that can lead us to take the best informed decisions: channel/s, range of prices, target audience, marketing budget and promotional efforts, potential return of investment, etc.
In another post we will show you how to optimize traffic within 1688.com to obtain more leads, so keep checking our blog and contact us if you have any questions. 2 Open can help you succeed in the Chinese B2B online world!
The 2 Open family keeps growing in order to continue adding value to our customers within the global business world in which we live. China and Europe are now connected with four powerful offices (Shanghai, Weihai, Madrid and Cáceres) that clearly represent what we are and where we want to go; it represents the future and our origins making sure they align with our goals and our customers’ needs.
A business is like a living organism; it has a beginning, an end, and in between goes through a lot of stages that make the difference between success and failure. 2 Open is undergoing one of these stages in which we have decided to grow our organization in Europe to help your business development in China. What we are trying here, is to do the best we can at each and every stage and always think about what we have done, about the errors and successes, about the good and bad decisions, about the loyal partners and the ones that were not loyal, about the people who have accompanied us, learning from all these factors in order to, not only improve and grow as a business, but also as individuals.
I write these lines from our new office. Located in the heart of the Spanish capital, Madrid. It is a three floor co-working space that was an old factory back in the 20’s. Each floor has a 420 square meters open-plan area with huge windows, 5 meters high ceilings and decorated in modern style. We have a meeting room, photography/video studio, reception, relaxing area, and a huge space to do events; we want to organize an event related to China digital industry very soon and you will be more than welcome to assist.
Co-working is a global movement based on a simple concept: professionals from different sectors, freelancers, entrepreneurs and businessmen, share the same physical space to work on their own projects. But co-working is not only about sharing costs and breaking the isolation, it is also about belonging to a community of individuals who are open to exchange ideas, projects, knowledge, and most importantly, they are willing to collaborate. Co-working spaces are sprouting all over the planet; it is a global movement that is changing the way we work and the way we interact in workspaces. Co-working spaces are a reflection of the emergence of new models and new expectations in the business world and society in general, and 2 Open, is definitely going to leverage the advantages of these positive features. We will collaborate to get fresh and innovative ideas, resulting from interactions with other co-workers.
Come and visit us in our brand new office. We will be glad to chat with you about our passion: DIGITAL MARKETING IN CHINA and HOW TO DEVELOP YOUR MARKETING AND SALES in the Chinese online market.
This article was edited by Andres Arroyo Olson from 2 Open.
In 2 Open we like to be updated. We are constantly attending events that are related to our business scope (Digital marketing and E-commerce in China) so that we can have all the relevant information on the current situation in order to provide our customers with the best posible services.
In this case, 2Open attended a networking event in Spain that involved Chinese e-commerce companies and Spanish suppliers. The topics covered in the event were related to E-commerce and Digital marketing strategies, more specifically, to the different ways brands have to adjust their products so as to sell them through e-commerce platforms with particular emphasis on the booming of Chinese cross-border e-commerce, its advantages ,and the new fiscal legislation that will be implemented starting on April 8th.
Apart from the information exchange, we were glad to find out that some of our clients (SoloStocks, Amvos, Ecoficus) also attended the event. We also had the chance to talk with other brands who are interested in selling their products online in China and/or doing Digital Marketing to improve their performance.
All in all, it was a pleasant event filled with interesting people finding new opportunities. If you want to know how we can help you to maximize your Sales & Marketing efforts in the Asian giant, please do not hesitate in contacting us. We will be more than happy to talk about your current goals and situation and provide you with the best solutions for your business needs.
This article was edited by Andres Arroyo Olson from 2Open.
Last week the 36th edition of the International Tourism Trade Fair (FITUR) was held in Madrid, Spain, and 2 Open was a part of it.
Fitur is one of the biggest tourism fairs in the world and this year’s figures vouch for it:
- Almost 10,000 exhibitors from 165 countries
- 125,000 professionals generating thousands and thousands of business meetings
- 232,000 visitors
- 7,398 journalists from 60 countries
- The Spanish Queen inaugurating the fair followed by the Spanish President of the Government and 80 ministers and leading heads of tourism from the five continents
- It became trending topic with 150,000 international followers on the principal social platforms, 64 million users reached on Twitter; more than 35,000 tweets with the #FITUR2016 and #FITUR hashtag and more than 16,000 users re-tweeting about FITUR
- 10 huge pavilions
The Queen from Spain surrounded by journalists. Picture credit: www.embassyindia.es
We darted past the Queen of Spain towards our first meeting trying to dodge the hundreds of cameras pointing at her. We were 3 minutes late to our first meeting (out of the 25 arranged for the first two days) and time is exactly what you don’t have in FITUR. Everything is moving at full steam. Even though, we were able to meet old friends and actual customers which is greatly appreciated.
Apart of the fact that FITUR is just the perfect place to meet new potential customers or to find the professionals that can add value to your company in the tourism industry; I would personally highlight a few points that I find interesting:
- There is a very strong interest in health tourism; especially in China. A high percentage of the companies we met in FITUR were somehow related to health tourism and they were all very keen to expand their business to attract Chinese tourists or even to create a base in China. If you think about it, it is quite logical; In terms of population, around 120 million men and women are older than 65 years and the West might be able to get better response to certain illnesses and there is also the trust issue behind it: they trust foreign things better than the domestic ones and here is the huge opportunity knocking at the door
- Asia Pacific was very present in FITUR sharing pavilion with Europe
Chinese stand was always full
- The internationalization of smart tourist destinations and the importance of promoting innovation it is key to attract Chinese tourists and Digital will be the future to get there
- Despite being a booming sector among users, collaborative tourism had no place in FITUR. The term collaborative tourism, also known as “P2P tourism” (peer to peer, person to person) refers to a new tourist industry based on contacting individuals who offer their services to visitors who are interested in them. Despite being a new way of travel that has not been very well received by some of the traditional industry rulers, tourists are increasingly using it. But only one exhibitor was present at the fair. In China, P2P rentals for Chinese outbound tourism sector are increasing at an amazing pace. The question that I would raise in this post is the following one…
Is there a political reason behind all this, and if so, how do people intend to resolve this?
Anyway, we were extremely happy to assist, as we did last year, and for sure we are planning to be there next year. So don’t hesitate to join us and meet for a coffee talking about the future of Tourism in China. That is what we like to do!